Friday, July 07, 2006

"Instant" Sore throat and Mahjong Playing

Let's start with exploding medicine, today I just had an "instant" sore throat experience.
Just a few days ago, I went to see doctor for the following sickness (in not particular order):
a) Sore throat
b) Coughing
c) Body ache
d) Fever
So, the doctor gave 4 types of pills, 1 medical (beverage?).This morning, while finished drinking
coffee and swalloed my pills. I went toilet for the "large" one". While I was about done, I felt like
burping, out of nowhere, I felt a small explosion or tinge of pain in my throat. I think turns out
that the pills that I swallowed, somehow backdrift up to my throat. Man, the experience was painful. I felt like going to throwing up, yet at the same time I have to complete my "large one" . So , there I was scrambling for toilet paper and trying not to puke at the same time. Maybe I shouldn't mix coffee with pills.
Anyhow, I went to work as usual and talk to co-workers about this experience. It turns out others also faced the same problem before. One of them just advised me to drink lots of water and forget about sharp pain in your throat. Well, that advice worked. Thank God for that because I don't like to see doctors unless it's really necessary.


About Mahjong playing,
As I was watching "Madu Tiga" on tv9 (06/07/2006) 10pm, I observed something peculiar.
The main character's (Jamil,act by the late Tun P. Ramlee) wife,(Latifah, dunno who's the actress) is playing mahjong in the movie. In fact,Jamil scold his wife silly because she only knows nothing but playing mahjong.
So, what's so peculiar? If Malays in the late Tun P. Ramlee's years had already
playing mahjong with chinese ladies, how come we don't see that nowadays? It seems that Malaysia has better racial tolerance in those days. All this are my assumptions though because the movie did not show anything concrete to prove they know how to play anymore. It's pretty pointless to show that either because it's only a tiny portion of the movie. It's just telling the audience, Malays playing mahjong is not such a big thing at all.

Why so much has changed compared to Tun P. Ramlee's years? It's not logical. So, when Malay can play mahjong with Chinese so peacefully last time,why is it not possible now?
Have the Malaysian government / politicians and etc. poisoned the
Malaysians' minds to keep everything to themselves?

Can someone explain to me why is this happening?

Is this some sort of injustice? Maybe , maybe not. Maybe I'm just thinking too much.

No comments: